– I’m sorry,
his expression. – Whoa. – I’m gonna try your method.
– (laughs) – Wow. – ♪ (French accordion music) ♪ – (FBE) So, we asked you
to come in hungry today because we are gonna
show you scenes from Studio Ghibli movies
and we’ll present you with some delicious food
from them recreated by a professional chef.
– Oh my gosh. – Oh God.
– I have yet to win a single one of these
challenges. – I have a Studio Ghibli tattoo.
I have three of them. – She’s excited.
– Ah! – The food.
It always looks so good in those movies.
– I’m excited to see this. Let’s see if I get
hungry or not. – (FBE) So, as you probably know,
this is a Try Not to Eat challenge, so whoever can get through
these four dishes and not eat any of them wins,
but if you do try something, there will be a punishment
at the end. – What?
– Okay, I did the Harry Potter one last, we had to eat slugs. – Why do you guys do this to me?
I just wanna come here and have a fun time.
This is torture. Let’s get this over with. – Aw, I love Kiki’s Delivery
Service. – No!
The chowder, the porridge. – Do you think you’re
going to die? – Yes. – (Osono) No, you’re not. How about some nice,
hot oatmeal with honey in it? You want some too?
– (Jiji) Meow. – Cartoon food looks
so much better than real food. – Ghibli has the ability
to make even simple foods just sound so appealing.
– Yeah. – And then Jiji’s stupid
and he burns his tongue. – (Osono) Now don’t
burn your tongue. – Oh, she gave some
to the cat too? – Look.
Mrew. – (Jiji) Yow!
– That’s a cat. – Mood.
Okay. – Oatmeal with honey.
I feel like I could avoid eating that, but also
it sounds really good. – (FBE) So, I know in this
English version it said oatmeal, but to be more authentic
to the Japanese version, this is a rice porridge
that will heal you if you’re ever feeling down
like Kiki. It is creamy and warm
and it’s all around the perfect comfort food.
– Welcome to Dionte loses everything
where Dionte loses every single round.
– You’re jumping in already? – Oh, absolutely. Oh my God.
You know when you watch something and you see a food
and you’re like, you know what?
That looks like it’s gonna be great. This is that moment right there.
– I’m okay on this one. – I’m so mad.
I really wanna– ugh.
Whatever. – Oh God, you’re actually–
are you actually– – Actually.
– This is the first– oh my God.
– Wow, that is so good. Oh my gosh.
– You can’t do that to me. No, no, no.
I got this. I’m fine with this one. – I’d eat this if I was
sick or something. – It smells great,
but I’m getting half of the experience just
by smelling it, so I’m good. – I think I’m gonna pass
on this one. – Nah, I’m good.
I’m chilling. – Dude, I’m so torn.
Okay, I’m gonna pass on it. – I’ma pass. – (Satsuki) Hey, Dad.
Look, it’s morning. – Oh, it’s Totoro.
– My Neighbor Totoro. – My little siblings do stuff
like this to me all the time. I’m like, “Please don’t touch me
in the morning. I just wanna sleep.” – (Satsuki) I’m making lunch
for everyone. – (Mei) Hey, it’s burning!
– (Satsuki) I’m coming. Just a minute.
– That’s cute. – I know. – Ooh, what is it?
Oh, this is her bento box lunches.
– I’ve never had a bento box. – Oh, bento boxes.
I forgot. – Oh my God,
it looks so good. – (Tatsuo) Mei, sit down
and eat. – That’s us.
– (Satsuki) There you go. – Aw.
– One of those little bento box. – (FBE) So, here is
My Neighbor Totoro’s bento box.
All of these simple flavors work together so well.
The fish may look intimidating, but any foodie would love it.
It is savory, but also so well balanced
by those pink, sweet flakes, sweet peas, and sour plum.
I was in heaven eating it. – Breathe, breathe.
Into the nose. – I’m overwhelmed
by the smell right now. – I’m sorry, his expression.
– Whoa. Oh my God.
– I’ve seen Ghibli food and I know when I’m
attracted to Ghibli food. This isn’t one of those
Ghibli foods. You Ghibli me? – It’s pretty looking.
Allow me to ruin it. – What’s this?
– That’s a sour plum. – Oh.
– Do you wanna try it? – No.
– Okay. – I think I’m gonna pass
on this one. – I’m good once again. – I feel like my inner Asian’s
like, “I eat this.” I’m used to it.
– I’m gonna be good. I’ll wait. – I’m good on this one.
– I’m good. I’m good on this. – Is this Laputa:
Castle in the Sky? – (stew bubbling)
– Yo. – I’m telling you,
any scene that starts with a kitchen is just like,
“Yo, I’m about to eat so good.” – I was looking at the guy
creeping in the window. – (man) Uh.
– (Sheeta) Yes? – He seems French, not English.
– The little mustache. – Yeah. – He looks creepy.
– Yeah, it looks real creepy, dude. – There’s just–
I find it so funny, ’cause no one notices him.
He’s just “guy.” He’s just known as the guy
cutting potatoes. – Beard goals.
– Oh my gosh. – Oh my God.
That’s why everybody’s in there.
– Everyone’s helping. – (FBE) So, this is
a winter vegetable stew as seen in Castle in the Sky.
It is so hearty and full of flavor.
It has taro, lotus root, beef, potatoes,
and a medley of veggies that taste like a cozy
winter’s day. – Okay, I’m having this.
– I love taro. – I’m having this right now.
– Oh my God. – Very warm,
very welcoming. – I’m trying to win this here, guys. – Ah, it’s just wow.
– It’s fantastic. It’s amazing.
– I’m not giving up. There’s still one more. – This is really good potato.
– Potatoes are the best part of stew.
– Honestly so far, out of all of them,
I feel like this is the best one. – Take it away. – He did it.
– Oh my God. It was so good that I’m happy.
– Okay. I really wanna try it
but I think I’m good for this one. – We’re doing all right.
– I’ve made it this far. If we lose now,
it’ll be for nothing. – (Chihiro) I don’t want any.
We’re gonna get in trouble. Let’s just get out of here.
– Yo. – Yo, yo.
Seriously? – (father) Credit cards
and cash. – I want this.
I want this. – That looks so good.
– (both) Oh. – Wait a second. – This is the one where you
definitely don’t want to eat because if we do,
we will get turned into pigs. – That’s true. – Stop eating it.
You’re gonna turn into pigs. – I would’ve turned into a pig.
I’m not even gonna pretend like I wouldn’t have. – Ah, this–
that looks so good. – (FBE) We decided to go
with the soup dumplings that the dad is trying.
They are to die for. They have a salty and savory
broth with flavorful pork meat inside
that soft steamed bun. – I’ve never seen a dumpling
that big. – I was gonna say
this is the biggest dumpling I’ve ever seen. Oh my God.
– Oh my. – That is really good. – I will allow him
to have that. That was…
– Here, I’m gonna try your method.
– (laughs) – Wow. That’s–
there he is. – I’ve got you.
– You’ve got me? – Yeah.
I’m glad I got you because that was a lot.
I’m not gonna try it. It’s okay.
– Damn, that was good. – As much as I want to. – Yeah, might as well. – The pork is sweet
and with the sauce, it makes it salty,
so it’s a good match. – I’m not gonna eat this one.
– I will not because, as a practicing Muslim,
I can not consume pork. – (FBE) So, Michelle,
you won. You will be getting
this next dish all to yourself.
– Yeah. – I hope this is worth it.
Oh my God. – What? – (mother) Get ready
to look now. Abra kadabra!
– No! – Oh wow.
– (muffled) It’s so good. – Yeah!
Poyo’s ramen with ham. – It wasn’t worth the loss.
It’s ham. I get excited about ham
like that, too. – Ramen’s probably the best
dish ever. – My mouth is watering
more than with the soup dumpling. I’m so happy with my decision
to make it to the end. Oh my God. – That’s how ramen–
ramen really puts you to sleep like that.
Oh my gosh. – Oh my gosh.
– I’m so sad. – You know what?
I’m gonna be fine. I’m gonna drive home
in a day, go by a nearby ramen place
and by myself some ramen ’cause you won’t give me
my ramen. – (FBE) Michelle, congratulations.
This dish is unbelievable. It is creamy, yet not
too heavy ramen. It’s so warm and satisfying.
Enjoy. – Oh my God.
It’s so yummy and it’s very aesthetically pleasing, too. – Yes.
– That is some good ham. – Oh my God, the ham.
Oh my God, Jasser. I’m so sorry.
– No, it’s okay. It’s all right. – (FBE) So Jackson,
since you lost, inspired by the scene
in Spirited Away, where the parents
are greedily eating the food including the chicken,
here are some chicken feet that we made extra gross
with the sauce. One for each food you ate.
– You know sometimes I think about the actions that I make
that they have consequences and this is a physical
representation of that. – Oh my God.
It’s so good. – Why’d I smell it?
Ew. – Ew, it smells nasty.
Ew. – It wasn’t worth it at all. – Okay, this is boney.
Oh God. – How do you–
– Ew, ew. – I’m experiencing gagging
and whatever chocolate sauce or whatever crap that is.
– The worst part about it is that regardless of the taste,
it’s me having a foot in my mouth. – Was it worth it
trying that dumpling? Just think of the dumpling
when you eat that. – Thanks for watching us
try not to eat Studio Ghibli food on the React Channel. – Subscribe to see what
we eat or don’t eat next time. – If you like this episode,
hit that Like button. – What movie food should
we try next? Let us know in the comments. – Bye, everyone. – Hey, I’m Katie,
a React Channel producer. – Thank you so much for watching
the reactors take on another try not to eat challenge.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @FBE
so you can see what we’re up to. Bye.